with Garlic, Fresh Herbs & Lemon
This is one of my favorite recipes to add as a side dish to any meal. Aside from being yummy, asparagus is loaded with vitamins A & K. It also has properties that fight cancer and lower blood pressure. Asparagus is easy to prepare and cooks quickly.
The ingredients can be found fresh at most produce stores or farmers’ markets during this time of year. Of course, nothing beats growing your own ingredients at home. All are available to purchase at Berkeley Hort. right now, as well. Enjoy!
Serves: 4 Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 lb. trimmed asparagus
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (‘Meyers’ is great!)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. each chopped chives & parsley
- 1 tsp. each chopped rosemary & thyme
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 deg. F.
- Coat a baking sheet or pan with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. Arrange asparagus in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, herbs and salt & pepper.
- Pour mixture over the asparagus and roll the stalks around a bit to coat all parts. Bake for 10 min., or until asparagus is tender.
- Scoop up any of the remaining herb mixture and place over the asparagus. Serve immediately.