News & Events
Gardens come in all shapes and sizes, and it is this variety that makes our work so fulfilling. You are in for a pleasant surprise when you visit us for the first time. Stroll through almost an entire city block filled with trees, shrubs, flowers, veggies, herbs, native plants and much, much more. Our staff is eager to advise you on any horticultural project whether you are a novice green-thumb or a master gardener. We stock a healthy mix of popular recent introductions and old-school favorites for CA gardeners. Come see what we have—from Abelia to Ziziphus!
- Cut back floppy or overgrown perennials.
- Last chance for spring-flowering bulb planting (check your fridge.)
- Plant winter annuals: Poppies, Stock, Sweet Peas, Pansies, Violas, Primroses, Cabbage and Kale.
- Apply an organic plant food for slow release of nutrients.
- Be vigilant for cool weather weeds like bluegrass and oxalis.
- Check out our selection of conifers for a non-traditional living holiday tree!
- Deadhead (remove spent flowers from) Chrysanthemums.
- Clean and organize your garden tools.
- Give Cymbidium orchids bloom food.
- Sow wildflower seeds.
- Turn that compost!
- Plant green manure (cover crops) in your vegetable plot.
- Don’t forget we take our annual winter pause at the end of this month. Shop early.