News & Events
Gardens come in all shapes and sizes, and it is this variety that makes our work so fulfilling. You are in for a pleasant surprise when you visit us for the first time. Stroll through almost an entire city block filled with trees, shrubs, flowers, veggies, herbs, native plants and much, much more. Our staff is eager to advise you on any horticultural project whether you are a novice green-thumb or a master gardener. We stock a healthy mix of popular recent introductions and old-school favorites for CA gardeners. Come see what we have—from Abelia to Ziziphus!
- It’s safe to plant warm-season veggies in the Bay Area now.
- Loosen or remove stakes from trees planted in winter.
- Select succulents now.
- Support or cage tomato plants early.
- Deadhead and groom geraniums for longer flowering.
- Prune fruit trees for a dwarfing effect.
- Check your automatic watering systems for leaks.
- Finish planting summer veggies.
- Aquatic plants look best now, and are in good supply.
- Feed ornamental grasses with an organic all-purpose fertilizer.